Early childcare providers help prepare our children for school and for life. Your work matters to the children, their families, our community and the world. This section focuses on helping you find the information you need to learn and grow as directors, teachers and students.
The quality of care you provide to the children and families you serve matters to everyone. You can count on us to:
- Create and share professional development opportunities,
- Connect you with other early childhood professionals to share ideas,
- Bring together professionals from across the counties to solve common problems,
- Study issues related to wages and create a plan for addressing this issue, and
- Provide resources and ideas to help make your job easier.
We offer the following programs to help you:
- ChildLinks: Resource Room, QUEST, Referrals, Training/Personal Development and Regional Specialists.
- Child Care Health Consultant: Work with providers to address the health, safety, nutrition and physical activity requirements of operating a child care facility.
- Raising A Reader: Partners with eligible child care providers during a 26-week reading program to encourage early literacy skills.
- WAGE$: Offers salary supplements to child care staff who obtain higher levels of education and remain in their current child care setting.
- Other Resources
We encourage you to research our programs and contact us if you need help or to simply share ideas and suggestions to improve early childhood learning and development in our community.