Children play an important role in every faith tradition. Here are a few ways your faith community can get involved in this important movement.
- Share your perspectives about young children during the service. What does your faith tell you about how young children should be treated? About the responsibility of adults? Of society?
- Recognize parents/caregivers and early childhood professionals who are actively building the next generation through their work.
- Hold a dialogue session with parents/caregivers. How can your faith community support them during their parenting journey?
- Share a children’s message to connect the service to the youngest children in your faith community.
- Participate in The State of the Young Child activities and share the facts and stories.
- Consider letting someone from our organization address your faith community about our organization, our programs and The State of the Young Child in Pitt and Martin County.
- Hold a supply drive for a high-quality childcare classroom. Early childhood professionals often spend their own money on supplies for their classrooms. We can help you get connected to a classroom.
- Get social. “Like” us on Facebook and/or follow us on Twitter, and share the news with your friends and followers.
- Donate. Your community can make a big difference in the lives of young children when you work together. Have an idea for a fundraiser? Contact us.
- Write a letter to the editor to show your support for funding programs that help all children success.
- Contact your elected officials to tell them how important early childhood development is to our county and to our state.
Learn more about global issues related to young children and what faith communities around the world are doing to elevate them. The Global Network of Religions for Children, a global interfaith network of organizations and individuals dedicated to securing the rights and well-being of children everywhere, is a great place to start.
Want more information or have ideas to share? Contact us