Investments in early childhood development pay off in the short and long run. These programs help make sure the youngest citizens in our counties have access to high-quality childcare programs.
- ChildLinks provides parents free child care referrals and Resource Lending Library memberships.
- Child Care Health Consultants work with child care providers to address the health, safety, nutrition and physical activity requirements of operating a child care facility. Whether you are opening a new facility or a director of an established facility, Child Care Health Consultants can assist with required ITS SIDS, First Aid, CPR, and Medication Administration trainings.
- QUEST (Quality, Education, Support & Training) assists child care centers and homes by providing guidance with questions about opening a child care facility, zoning and environmental health, increasing a star license, as well as curriculum options and professional development through consultations, on-site technical assistance, quality improvement plans, professional development plans and education incentive awards.
- Raising A Reader partners with eligible child care providers during a 26-week reading program to encourage early literacy skills.
- WAGE$ offers salary supplements to child care staff who obtain higher levels of education and remain in their current child care setting.